Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
What is ESOS?
The UK Government established the ESOS Regulations 2014 to implement Article 8 (4-6) of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive (2012/27/EU). ESOS is a mandatory energy assessment scheme, a legal requirement administrated by the Environment Agency, which applies to all qualifying organisations in the UK. An organisation qualifies for ESOS if it has either:
- At least 250 employees or
- €50 million (c.£37m)turnover and a balance sheet exceeding €43 million (c.£32m).
Audits have to be carried out every 4 years to a strict timetable. The latest phase has now started and qualifying Organisations must notify the Environment Agency by the 5th December 2019 of their compliance with their ESOS obligations.
What is an ESOS Assessment?
An ESOS assessment is an audit of the energy used by the organisation in its buildings, industrial processes and transport in order to identify cost-effective energy saving measures. Although undertaking an energy audit is now a matter of legal compliance, there’s no reason to see it as yet another layer of red tape; it’s a genuine opportunity for financial gain:
- By taking advantage of the ESOS process, rather than just doing the minimum required, it’s possible to unlock quick and significant cost savings, turning it into a cash-positive process.
- In any organisation, there are opportunities for fine-tuning and removing energy waste, which means you can use an ESOS audit to your financial advantage.
- Quick action is required to enjoy in-year benefits from ESOS.
- Make sure your in-house teams are fully aware of the importance of ESOS, understand the associated urgency and know what’s needed to get started.
Further details can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/energy-savings-opportunity-scheme-esos
Ask for a quotation
To help us understand what your organisation is like and what your needs are, we will ask you complete an initial scoping questionnaire. This preliminary process will allow us to make an initial assessment of the audit requirements for your company and ensure that the assessment meets your needs, is compliant and cost effective.
To start the process, please contact Andrew Morphet on
Tel 01908 664040 or 07931 791195 or
Email [email protected]
For further information: www.gov.uk/energy-savings-opportunity-scheme-esos#submit-your-esos-notification-of-compliance