How do I ensure I comply?
If the whole of your organisation is already ISO 50001 accredited and actively compliant, you do not need to carry out an ESOS assessment! You only need to notify the Environment Agency that you comply.
If not, you must undertake an ESOS assessment led by an accredited ESOS Lead Assessor.
- The Lead Assessor is responsible for ensuring the energy assessment is based on audits that are complete, appropriate, consistent and comprehensive
- It is best practice to engage the Lead Assessor before audits are undertaken as they will help you determine:
- the best approach to suit your own needs and ensure compliance
- the methodology to be used
- what needs to be audited, how and the amount of sampling that is appropriate
- generally project manage the whole process and
- produce the ESOS compliant report
- An ESOS assessment must be signed off by both a Board level Director and approved by a Lead Assessor prior to reporting compliance to the Environment Agency.
- A Lead Assessor will not simply rubber stamp an ESOS assessment at the end.
We can either conduct the energy audits ourselves or oversee/approve assessments previously conducted or arranged through third parties. With many years of experience our assessors will ensure that your company is able to achieve full legal compliance with the ESOS regulations.