Telephone 0800 458 4127

Display Energy Certificates and Advisory Reports

At Synergy Property Services Ltd – we use our energy to save yours!
With almost 40 years experience of non-domestic and commercial property covering all types and age of building and many different construction techniques, our Energy Assessors deliver a competitive, speedy and accurate service.

Synergy Property Services Ltd is happy to advise you on the current legislation and whether your building needs a Display Energy Certificate.

Display Energy Certificate Facts

• The purpose of introducing Display Energy Certificates (DECs) is to raise public awareness of energy use and to inform visitors to public buildings about the energy usage of that particular building.
• A Display Energy Certificate (DEC) provides an energy rating of the building from A to G, where A is very efficient and G is the least efficient. This based on the amount of energy actually used in a 12 month period.
• A DEC is valid for 12 months and must be updated before the end of the period of validity.
• Your DEC must be displayed in a public place.
• There are penalties and fines imposed for failure to display a valid DEC.
• An Advisory Report must also be held and must be renewed every seven years. This Report contains specific recommendations for improving the energy performance of the building and reducing its’ energy usage.

Does your building require a Display Energy Certificate (DEC) and Advisory Report (AR)?
The answer is YES! if:

• Your building is over 1,000m2 (500m2 from 9th January 2013), AND
• Is regularly visited by members of the public, AND
• Is funded directly or indirectly by public money OR the function within the building was traditionally provided by public bodies e.g. Sports Trust, Residential Care or similar taken over from a Council

A Display Energy Certificate can only be issued by an Accredited Public Building Energy Assessor. If your property requires a DEC you must instruct an approved assessor to survey the building to determine the energy rating.

Buildings likely to be affected include:

• Central and local Government buildings.
• NHS trusts, hospitals, surgeries and clinics.
• Schools and further/higher education establishments.
• Police stations, Fire Stations, Courts and Prisons.
• Executive agencies and statutory regulatory bodies.
• Public Leisure centres and Golf clubs (but not private ones).
• Libraries, museums and art galleries.

From our bases in Manchester and Milton Keynes, we already provide DECs to Councils, Universities, Schools, Sports Centres and Emergency Services throughout Cheshire, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside, West Yorkshire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, the North East and the Midlands.

Synergy Property Services Ltd is happy to advise you on the current legislation and whether your building needs a Display Energy Certificate. For more information, please call 01908 664040, email us, complete our simple enquiry form.



Enter your Name and Email address to the right to sign up for our Newsletters.

Your Name

Your Email