Telephone 0800 458 4127

Energy Performance Certificates, Display Energy Certificates

Energy Performance Certificates
Energy Performance Certificates are a legal requirement. Don’t feel overwhelmed, let Synergy Property Services Ltd guide you with the best energy advice to ensure you comply with property legislation whilst minimising the energy consumption of your property.

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) give an assessment of a building’s energy performance and carbon dioxide emissions and offer recommendations for cost effective improvements to reduce energy wastage and save money. An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is needed by law on almost every building being built, sold or rented. If you’re selling or letting your property you must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property.

We provide EPCs for residential and commercial buildings.

If you’re buying or renting a property then the person selling/letting the property must provide you with a valid Energy Performance Certificate and you should ask to see this when viewing the property.

How much do they cost?

The cost can vary depending on how big or complicated the property is and where it is. For simple local properties:

How to get an EPC in Milton Keynes .
We will visit your property at a time that is convenient to you, normally within 48 hours and carry out the EPC survey. On an average residential property, this will take about 45 minutes; on a commercial property it takes about 90-120 minutes. We will assess your property and produce a residential certificate with 48 hours of the survey; commercial certificates do take a little longer. We will then send you the certificate by email and can also send to your agent, solicitor ( or both) if required.

Hints for a better EPC rating.
There is now growing evidence that properties with poor EPC ratings sell for less than those with good ones. Here are some simple hints on how to improve your EPC rating that can be done before your EPC survey is done…..

  1. Ensure as many of your fixed light fittings as possible have low energy lamps fitted.
  2. If you have a hot water tank, make sure there is plenty of insulation around it. Good insulation can make a significant difference to the rating.
  3. Paperwork! If you have any documents, (such as invoices, guarantees or warranties) for any of the following, please have them available for the surveyor: loft insulation; cavity wall insulation, replacement double glazing or boilers.

Display Energy Certificates
If you are a public body or an institution occupying a property over 250m2 that is regularly used by the public – you must display a current Display Energy Certificate (DEC) and hold a current Advisory Report (AR). For properties above 1000m2, the Display Energy Certificate is valid for one year and the Advisory Report is valid for seven years; for properties between 250m2 and 1000m2 the Display Energy Certificate and Advisory Report are valid for ten years. .

For EPCs and DECs – Contact Us

The Energy Assessors at Synergy Property Services Ltd are fully qualified to carry out assessments and issue the complete range of energy reports and certificates required: Let the experts at Synergy Property Services Ltd offer you the best advice.

With bases in Manchester and Milton Keynes, Synergy Property Services Ltd offers domestic and commercial Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) and Display Energy Certificates (DECs) across Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cheshire and the North West as well as Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Northamptonshire.

If you have any questions about our services. please call us and we will be happy to help you.

Select from the following options or simply call 01908 664040, use our contact us form or email us.


Enter your Name and Email address to the right to sign up for our Newsletters.

[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]